domingo, mayo 18, 2008

Joey Naylor: ...so what happens when you're wrong?
Nick Naylor: -Whoa, Joey I'm never wrong.
Joey Naylor: But you can't always be right...
Nick Naylor: -Well if it's your job to be right, then you're never wrong.
Joey Naylor: But what if you are wrong?
Nick Naylor: -OK, let's say that you're defending chocolate, and I'm defending vanilla. Now if I were to say to you: 'Vanilla is the best flavour ice-cream', you'd say:
Joey Naylor: No, chocolate is.
Nick Naylor: Exactly, but you can't win that argument... so, I'll ask you: so you think chocolate is the end all and the all of ice-cream, do you?
Joey Naylor: It's the best ice-cream, I wouldn't order any other.
Nick Naylor: -Oh! So it's all chocolate for you is it?
Joey Naylor: Yes, chocolate is all I need.
Nick Naylor: Well I need more than chocolate, and for that matter I need more than vanilla. I believe that we need freedom. And choice when it comes to our ice-cream, and that Joey Naylor, that is the defintion of liberty.
Joey Naylor: But that's not what we're talking about
Nick Naylor: -Ah! But that's what I'm talking about.
Joey Naylor: ...but you didn't prove that vanilla was the best...
Nick Naylor: I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right.
Joey Naylor: But you still didn't convince me
Nick Naylor: It's that I'm not after you. I'm after them." (Points into the crowd)

Joey Naylor: ¿Y qué pasa cuando estás equivocado?
Nick Naylor: Whoa, Joey, yo nunca me equivoco.
Joey Naylor: Pero no puedes tener siempre la razón...
Nick Naylor: Bueno, si tu trabajo es tener la razón, entonces nunca estás equivocado.
Joey Naylor: ¿Pero qué pasa si estás equivocado?
Nick Naylor: Ok, digamos que tú defiendes el chocolate y yo defiendo la vainilla. Ahora si te dijera: 'El de vainilla es el mejor helado', tú dirías...
Joey Naylor: No, lo es el de chocolate.
Nick Naylor: Exacto, pero no puedes ganar con ese argumento... así que yo te pregunto: "¿Así que crees que el chocolate es el fin de todos los helados, no?"
Joey Naylor: Es el mejor helado, yo no pediría otro.
Nick Naylor: ¡Oh! ¿Así que el chocolate lo es todo para ti, sí?
Joey Naylor: Sí, el chocolate es todo lo que necesito.
Nick Naylor: Bien, pues yo necesito más que chocolate, y en realidad necesito más que vainilla. Creo que lo que necesitamos es libertad. Y elección cuando hablamos de helados, y eso, Joey Naylor, es la definición de libertad.
Joey Naylor: Pero eso no es de lo que estamos hablando.
Nick Naylor: ¡Ah! Pero es de lo que yo estoy hablando.
Joey Naylor: ...pero no has demostrado que la vainilla sea lo mejor...
Nick Naylor: No hace falta. He demostrado que tú estás equivocado, y si tú estás equivocado, yo tengo razón.
Joey Naylor: Pero todavía no me has convencido.
Nick Naylor: Eso es porque no voy a por ti. Voy a por ellos. (Señala a la multitud)

Escena de Gracias por fumar (quotes)

No hay comentarios: